San Bernardino Personal Injury Attorney
Personal Injury Lawyers in San Bernardino
Anyone who has been harmed due to a driver’s negligence, whether it is a collision between two vehicles or an automobile hitting a motorcyclist, pedestrian, or bus, is entitled to consult a San Bernardino personal injury lawyer and seek compensation.
Choosing Arrowhead Accident Attorneys for your personal injury lawsuit in San Bernardino County will be your best decision. In addition to vigorous representation in the courtroom, you’ll deal with a team of compassionate and empathetic professionals. We’ll help you put this chapter in your life behind you.
Why Arrowhead Accident Attorneys?
Our personal injury lawyers in San Bernardino County are some of the best in the country, with a proven track record of success. We will provide the support you need during this difficult time. Whether it’s setting up appointments with the best medical providers in the area to treat your catastrophic injuries or fighting for maximum compensation in the courtroom, our law firm will remain by your side from start to finish.
The following are some ways in which our San Bernardino personal injury lawyers demonstrate their expertise and knowledge for you:
- 99% success rate
- Contingency payment structure
- Free consultation
- Specialize in cases of motor vehicle accidents
- Access to the best medical providers
- Available 24/7
We'll Take On the Insurance Companies for You
In the aftermath of a car accident, you may feel overwhelmed by the legal requirements and begin to consider seeking guidance from a personal injury lawyer. A delay in taking action can cause more barriers when pursuing compensation.
It can also result in your car accident case being dismissed. Working with personal injury attorneys improves accident victims’ chances of winning their cases and obtaining settlements more quickly. A knowledgeable personal injury attorney offers:
- Objectivity and Professionalism: A personal injury lawyer will handle all legal aspects of pursuing compensation for your minor injuries, catastrophic injuries, or other personal injuries. Your case will benefit from their expertise and knowledge, as they will be effective in getting you a maximized settlement.
- Successful and Skillful Negotiation: With insurance companies, negotiating will be a battle, and they employ a variety of tactics to get accident victims to settle for a low offer. Because of this, you’ll need the support of a knowledgeable personal injury attorney to confirm what is considered a fair offer and what is not.
- Assistance in Getting Medical Treatment: Established personal injury law offices will have built relationships with a network of the best doctors and specialists throughout San Bernadino County. This is helpful because the law firm will be able to assist personal injury victims get the treatment they need from the top care providers in the area.
- Assistance in Making Better Choices: Experienced San Bernardino personal injury attorneys can evaluate your accident and recommend what approach to take that will work in your best interest. Also, the process of filing a claim for motorcycle accidents will differ greatly from filing a claim for truck accidents or other personal injury accidents. In order to ensure the paperwork is not misfiled and filled out correctly, confide in professional legal representation.
- Security of Your Legal Rights: It’s not uncommon for insurance companies to take advantage of personal injury victims to avoid paying fair compensation. Personal injury attorneys are familiar with insurers and their intentions. An attorney can handle communicating with insurers and provide clients guidance on how to speak to insurance adjusters. This will prevent any missteps so the claim is not jeopardized.
- The Statute of Limitations: When an accident happens, the statute of limitations sets a maximum length of time personal injury claims can be filed. In California, injured victims have two years to file. If you fail to meet this deadline, the case will be dropped. Having a skilled personal injury lawyer on your side will ensure that these deadlines are met and that you don’t miss out on compensation for your injuries.
How Much a Personal Injury Claim Is Worth
Our law firm carefully focuses on understanding what you are suffering from and handle creating and filing a personal injury claim against the liable party. To ensure that you get the compensation you deserve, we will ask you about the impact of the concerned injury on your personal and professional life.
An injury caused by someone else’s recklessness or negligence on the road is a serious matter, and the Arrowhead Accident Attorneys are here to help you through it all. Each personal injury accident is different. So, when determining the value of a case, a personal injury lawyer will consider the following:
- nature, and extent of injuries
- damage to the vehicle
- lost wages
- emotional and psychological damage
- physical harm
- indefensible loss of life
- suffering and agony
- current medical bills to be paid or reimbursed
- future medical expenses for ongoing treatment
When filing personal injury claims, the legal system follows specific criteria to calculate the amount victims should receive. If you make an overly ambitious claim (ask for more than what is justifiable), or if an amount cannot be agreed on by both parties, the opposing party may conclude that you’re unwilling to settle. The insurance agent will apply a formula to arrive at a settlement sum. A personal injury claim is compensated with both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages, which include medical expenditures, damaged vehicles, lost wages, and anything else with a specified financial number, is the first to be added to the total cost of the case. These funds may be used to repair property damage or pay for medical expenses.
There will also be consideration of non-economic damages, which are losses that cannot be quantified, including pain and suffering, or the loss of life quality because of the impact of the personal injuries.
Determining Liability in a Personal Injury Case
Determining liability is not always straightforward. It involves a close examination of the accident scene and each party’s account of how the car accident occurred. A thorough investigation of the circumstances is required to establish fault.
The following must be proven in order to argue that the other party was liable for causing the accident. A San Bernardino personal injury lawyer can assist clients accomplish this.
- First, it must be indicated that the accused party owed a duty of care to not endanger another person.
- Then, evidence should support the claim that the duty of care was breached by the accused party.
- Next, causation will indicate how the breach of care directly caused the accident and led to the serious injury.
- All accumulated damages showcasing how the injured victim was physically and financially affected by the accident is the final step in the analysis.
To understand the liability process further, schedule a free consultation with one of our San Bernardino personal injury lawyers.
Common Injuries in Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury law includes many injuries caused by other people’s carelessness. From pedestrian accidents to truck accidents to other types of personal injury accidents, a San Bernardino personal injury lawyer can help victims recover compensation for the injuries they sustained. The most common injuries are:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Neck injuries and soft tissue injuries from whiplash
- Nerve damage
- catastrophic personal injury, like amputation
- Joint and limb injuries
- Hip injuries
- Internal injuries
- Bone breaks and fractures
- Wrongful death from fatal injuries
- Non-physical injuries, like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Things to Do After You Sustain a Personal Injury
Along with protecting your health and obtaining medical care, you must also defend your legal rights. To file a personal injury lawsuit for damages, follow the steps outlined below:
File a Police Report
If you were harmed in a car accident, motorcycle accident, or another type of accident involving getting hit by a motor vehicle, you should file a formal police report. If you are injured due to someone else’s negligence in San Bernardino County, you must acquire a copy of the police report before negotiating a personal injury claim. Knowing the police report’s findings and conclusions can offer you a significant advantage in negotiations.
Get Examined by a Doctor
It is not unusual to not feel pain after an accident. Although this may be the case, always see a doctor. Some injuries are not always physically apparent or may take time to fully develop. For example, brain injuries and internal bleeding are common car accident injuries that take time to manifest but can also have fatal consequences. To prevent further injury, ensure you are treated by a medical professional.
It’s critical to save any proof that injuries were sustained from the accident. While most people don’t prioritize documenting a car accident, it can help your San Bernardino personal injury case. Therefore, immediately after the occurrence, write down the details of what happened. Also, keep a journal, documenting injury recovery and how your injuries have impacted your daily life. Include facts about the events before, after, and during the incident. Include the date, time, location, weather, witnesses, and anything that was said by the other person.
Consult with an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer
Speak with a San Bernardino personal injury attorney about your legal options. Because of the statute of limitations, it’s recommended to do this as soon as possible. A credible law firm will have the resources to gather strong evidence and locate expert witnesses who will support your claim. In addition, personal injury lawyers can assist you file your claim on time and provide additional advice that will help your case.
Personal Injury Lawyers in San Bernardino County
Don’t get intimidated by the thought of hiring a personal injury attorney. If you were injured due to someone else’s misconduct, you need a law firm in your corner that understands California laws and the personal injury claims process. Call Arrowhead Accident Attorneys for a free consultation. We’re here to help you receive the compensation you deserve.