San Bernardino Truck Accident Lawyer
How an Attorney Will Help with Your Truck Accident Claim
Collisions and accidents with large commercial trucks, semi-trucks, 18-wheelers, tankers, and other big rigs can total a passenger car. The sheer size of commercial trucks means that the accident will be more destructive and life-threatening than other types of truck accidents.
Truck accidents are a scary experience that results in both catastrophic injuries and emotional harm. Aside from the destruction of property, the medical expenses to treat a serious injury are astronomical. Moreover, if affected by critical injuries, a victim may suffer from a temporary, if not permanent, loss of income. Lost wages often result from time missed off work while healing from injuries or from injuries that caused disability, so the victim can no longer work. The emotional damage and financial pitfall also affect victims’ families.
When taking on the trucking company and the insurance company, it’s imperative to work with a qualified San Bernardino truck accident lawyer. An attorney’s knowledge and expertise in a truck accident case will help you recoup your losses and recover maximum compensation for damages.
Consider Arrowhead Accident Attorneys as your legal representation when filing a personal injury claim. Our experienced truck accident lawyer provides strong representation and expert advice. We offer a free case evaluation to get started. To learn more, contact us today.
Why Truck Accident Victims Should Choose Arrowhead Accident Attorneys
When working with Arrowhead for your truck accident case, you will be provided with a team of dedicated professionals who have your best interest in mind. Each experienced truck accident lawyer works tirelessly for victims and their families, handling every aspect of the personal injury claim. Our team examines every detail of a truck accident case and will work diligently to maximize compensation for deserving clients. In addition, you can count on us for:
- Free Consultation: You can discuss the details of your truck accident claim during our free consultation with one of our truck accident attorneys. In addition, you will be provided with an estimate of how much your truck accident case is worth, as well as what steps to take to avoid jeopardizing compensation.
- Contingency Payments: Our attorneys follow a contingency fee payment structure, so we honor a no-win-no-fee policy. In the unlikely event that the truck accident claim is unsuccessful, you will not be required to pay for any legal representation. Truck accidents are devastating and expensive; we do not intend to contribute to these financial burdens.
- High Success Rate: We have a rigorous track record that shows our high success rate. Our experience and methods have made us a very competitive law firm. This is why we have won 99% of our cases.
- 24/7 Availability: Our customer care representatives are always available to help you with any questions or concerns you may have, day or night. You can contact us by filling out the contact form on our website, online chat, or by giving us a call.
- Award-Winning: Arrowhead Accident Attorneys is an award-winning firm in San Bernardino. Over the years, we have gained recognition for being a trustworthy legal services provider for truck accident cases. You can trust experts to take care of your personal needs and to make the claims process against the trucking company as seamless as possible.
- Access to the Best Medical Providers: Our objective is to provide you with the assistance you need to get you back to a healthy, pre-truck crash state. This is why we help clients set up appointments with the best medical providers and specialists throughout San Bernardino County.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer
Going through a catastrophic accident, like a large commercial truck colliding with a smaller passenger vehicle, can leave an injured victim in financial debt from expensive medical bills. In addition to healing from catastrophic injuries, the victim can also suffer severe emotional distress, causing PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder).
Therefore, when it comes to truck accident cases, choosing an attorney who has experience dealing with the trucking company’s insurance company is vital.
Unlike regular car accidents, there are more complex procedures involved in a truck accident case, and there are more parties involved. For instance, truck accident liability can fall on the truck driver, trucking companies, and other motorists.
A local San Bernardino truck accident attorney has the resources to investigate the accident and utilize the findings to build a strong case against the truck driver and the trucking company. At Arrowhead Accident Attorneys, we take care of all the paperwork for you. Working alongside us gives you time to recover mentally and physically.
How Much Compensation Can I Get from the Trucking Company?
The amount of compensation varies from case to case. It depends on the severity of damages, types of truck accident injury, if you lost income, suffered emotional trauma, or were negatively affected by the accident in another way. Some examples of the deciding factors for the settlement of truck accidents include:
- Severity of your injury
- Total cost of current and upcoming medical expenses
- Medical bills related to treating the injury, like a wheelchair, installing a wheelchair ramp in the home, or making other home renovations
- Total amount of lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional damage and coverage for mental health services
- Property damage and damage to other personal belongings
- Wrongful death of a family member or loved one
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents often happen due to one person’s recklessness and negligence. Anyone who is harmed due to another person’s carlessness should be compensated for damages. Here are some of the reasons why truck accidents happen:
- Speeding: Because large trucks are heavy, speeding is especially dangerous for such massive commercial vehicles. Larger vehicles build momentum while speeding, which can cause the car to react dangerously with a sharp turn up ahead. The truck driver can quickly lose control, effectively causing damage to property or pedestrians.
- Distracted or Aggressive Driving: Inattentive, rash, or reckless driving is detrimental and illegal. Preoccupied truck drivers can cause significant property damage, along with casualties.
- Violations in Service Hours: Every city, including San Bernardino, has regulated criteria for the number of hours the truck driver can stay on the road and the number of hours that can be worked in a single day. The trucking industry must follow these laws. Not adhering to these service hours can exhaust a driver out, leading to fatigued driving and ultimately causing truck accidents.
- Harsh Weather: Severe weather can also play a role in causing accidents. Fog, snow, ice, wind, and rain, alongside other weather conditions, can cause accidents, multi-truck pile-ups, and casualties.
- Road Conditions: Damaged or compromised roads can also cause large trucks to shift their balance and swerve off the road. When it comes to fault in these types of trucking accidents, the city of San Bernardino or the government can be found liable for neglecting to maintain safe roads.
- Violation of Commerical Truck Cargo Restrictions: Loading a truck with cargo beyond its capacity can cause tire blowouts. This can cause the driver to swerve or cause road obstructions.
- Driving Under the Influence: If truck drivers are under the influence of alcohol or narcotics, their weakened mental state can cause large truck accidents, harming multiple people, including themselves.
- Poorly Lit Roads: Insufficient lighting can keep the driver from adequately observing the road ahead, turns, pedestrians, cyclists, or motorcycle riders.
Common Injuries in a Truck Accident
Depending on the type of auto accident, injuries will vary. Victims of truck accidents are entitled to compensation for injuries sustained. When holding the negligent party accountable, our attorneys at Arrowhead Accident Attorneys can recover damages for common injuries, such as:
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Burn injuries
- Internal injuries
- Damage to the spinal cord
- Rib and torso Injuries
- Seatbelt injuries
- Wrongful death
Steps to Take After a Trucking Accident
After encountering a commercial truck accident in San Bernardino, do the following to ensure the success of your truck accident claim. Put your health and wellbeing first. If you, or a loved one, is injured, make sure to seek medical assistance immediately. You should, however, get a copy of your medical report so that the injuries sustained can be documented. Then, it’s vital to proceed with the following steps:
- Take note and photograph any problematic events or variables, such as improper lighting, damaged road, and the rest of the accident scene.
- Register the case to the law enforcement agency once you have gotten the appropriate medical assistance. This initiative will take note of the negligence of the third party.
- It would be best if you tried not to get into any discussions with insurance agencies representing the trucking company, as they can trick you into settling for less. Avoid speaking to the other party without an attorney’s help for guidance.
- The most critical step is to get legal representation as soon as possible, as personal injury lawyers can quickly guide you throughout the process.
Hire a Dependable Truck Accident Attorney from Arrowhead
If you, or a loved one, has encountered a trucking accident in the San Bernardino area, contact our panel of expert lawyers who can assist you in getting your rightful claim. It is vital to have an experienced team of attorneys at your side because the commercial ownership of these big rigs makes it challenging to obtain the rightful compensation for injuries and damages suffered.
All your queries regarding the submission of a truck accident claim and for proper legal advice that gets you your deserving compensation can be answered by our team. We pay attention to your needs and present a strong and well-constructed case to maximize your compensation. Schedule a free consultation with us today.