San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer
Have you sustained injuries or lost a loved one in a San Bernardino car accident? As a result, have you incurred medical bills, property damage, and lost wages? If you were injured due to a negligent driver, you could seek fair compensation for your damages. At Arrowhead Accident Lawyers, our team of car accident attorneys helps car accident victims pursue full and fair compensation for their losses. Call to schedule a free consultation with an experienced San Bernardino car accident lawyer.
San Bernardino County offers an abundance of entertainment and events. This growing city in the Inland Empire of Southern California is a hot spot with attractions like the National Orange Show Fair, the original McDonald's location on Route 66, and Big Bear Lake. With many visitors yearly, it's little surprise that motor vehicle accidents are common in San Bernardino. If you suffered serious injuries in a car accident and are seeking legal representation, contact our car accident lawyers today for a free consultation.
Award-Winning Personal Injury Law Firm
Arrowhead Accident Lawyers is an award-winning personal injury law firm in San Bernardino, California. Our attorneys specialize in personal injury lawsuits and work on a contingency fee basis so there are no legal fees until we win your case.
Do I Need a San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer?
San Bernardino County is one of the nation's largest and most populous counties, with over 2 million people. In San Bernardino County, there were 11,113 total crashes in 2019. These crashes resulted in 16,123 people being injured or killed. Most car crashes (40.2%) occurred on state highways. The most dangerous highways in San Bernardino County include Interstate 10, Interstate 40, and California State Route 138.
Consulting with an experienced car accident lawyer is invaluable for your car accident claim. A local car accident attorney will know extensively about where the accident occurred and the greater San Bernardino area. Additionally, a San Bernardino car accident lawyer is familiar with the local courtrooms and the judges. Our team of car accident lawyers is well-acquainted with local traffic laws and personal injury laws. We ensure you have the best legal representation and are committed to resolving your case promptly.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INJURY CASES WE HANDLE
Common Car Accident Injuries
In San Bernardino County, as in many other regions of Southern California, motor vehicle accidents can lead to a wide range of personal injuries, from minor to severe.
The common injuries resulting from these auto accidents include:
- Whiplash and Other Soft Tissue Injuries: Sudden movements of the head and neck during a car crash can cause whiplash, which affects muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- Broken Bones: The force of a collision can easily break bones. Common fractures involve arms, legs, ribs, and sometimes more severe injuries like pelvic fractures.
- Head Injuries: These can range from mild concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Head injuries are common in motor vehicle accidents due to impacts on steering wheels, dashboards, windows, and airbags.
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis: Accidents can damage the spine, leading to temporary or permanent paralysis (such as paraplegia or quadriplegia), depending on the injury level and severity.
- Lacerations and Bruises: Shattered glass, metal debris, and the force of impact can cause cuts and bruises, which, while sometimes minor, can also be severe and lead to significant blood loss or disfigurement.
- Internal Injuries: The impact can cause internal bleeding and damage to organs like the liver, kidneys, spleen, and lungs, which might not be immediately apparent after the accident.
- Burns: In cases where motor vehicles catch fire after a car crash or if skin comes into contact with hot surfaces or chemicals, drivers and passengers can suffer burns ranging from minor to severe.
- Psychological Injuries: Beyond physical injuries, motor vehicle accidents can lead to psychological issues, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and other emotional distress.
Immediate medical care after any motor vehicle accident is crucial, even if no injuries are immediately apparent. Some serious injuries, like internal bleeding or concussions, might not show symptoms right away but can have severe consequences if left untreated.
Types Of Compensation Available If You're a Car Accident Victim
A severe car crash can be life-changing and quickly cause financial strain when expenses like immediate medical care, property damage, and ongoing medical expenses accumulate.
The compensation you can seek for your losses depends on the extent of your injuries, property damage, lost wages, pain, and suffering.
Common types of compensation available include:
Economic damages are direct costs you have incurred because of a personal injury. They are objective monetary losses that your attorney can easily calculate. An accident victim can recover damages like:
- Medical bills - You can recover medical bills you've incurred since the date of the accident.
- Property damage - Recover compensation for property damage or replacement of your vehicle.
- Ongoing medical treatment - If you need continuing or lifelong care, you can recover compensation to help cover these future expenses.
- Lost wages - If you've had to miss work because of the accident and your injuries, you can seek compensation for your lost income.
- Lost earning capacity - Lost earning capacity refers to losing the ability to earn future income.
- Physical therapy - After an accident, you may seek physical therapy to help regain lost mobility and heal as quickly as possible.
- Household services - You can recover household services expenses if you need help with household tasks after a car accident. These services include cleaning, cooking, laundry, washing dishes, and grocery shopping.
These damages are more subjective and more challenging to prove. They don't have a specific monetary value and pertain to how the crash affected the car accident victim's quality and enjoyment of life.
These types of damages include:
- Pain and suffering - a personal injury lawyer can help you determine fair compensation for pain and suffering damages.
- Loss of consortium - The loss of consortium refers to the loss of companionship, love, care, affection, and comfort because of sustained injuries or death.
- Disfigurement and scarring - Scarring and disfigurement sustained in an accident are constant reminders of the pain and suffering experienced.
- Emotional distress - A car accident can have a significant impact on a car accident victim and can cause emotional trauma and suffering.
A car accident lawyer can help you calculate and prove non-economic damages. Our law firm offers free consultations to discuss your legal options. Call us today to learn more about the damages you can pursue in your car accident case.
Punitive damages are compensation awarded in personal injury cases, different from economic and non-economic damages, intended to reimburse the victim for losses like medical expenses and lost wages.
Punitive damages punish the at-fault driver for harmful, reckless driving or malicious behavior and deter similar conduct in the future. Car accident victims are awarded in addition to compensatory damages, serving as a financial penalty to the at-fault party.
Not all cases qualify for punitive damages. Courts reserve punitive damages for instances where the at-fault driver's actions show a blatant disregard for the safety and well-being of others.
GET THE COMPENSATION YOU DESERVE
Our personal injury law firm is committed to helping car accident victims recover compensation for their injuries, lost income, medical bills, and property damage. Our aggressive personal injury lawyers are devoted to helping car accident victims receive all the benefits they are entitled to under the law. We will work to resolve your car accident case promptly and secure the best outcome for you. Our car accident lawyers are well-prepared to take on any opponent and represent you in court.
We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your rightfully owed damages. We know how to deal with each insurance company and its deceptive tactics. The at-fault driver’s insurance company may try to offer you a low settlement or deny your personal injury claim. Our San Bernardino car accident attorneys will protect your rights and facilitate communications with the insurance company. We fight for full and fair compensation for our injured clients.
CONTACT A SAN BERNARDINO CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
If you lost a loved one or sustained personal injuries in a San Bernardino car accident, you may be able to pursue just compensation for your damages. It's best to consult with a personal injury lawyer in San Bernardino to learn about your legal options and what your car accident case is worth.
Whether you've been in a car, bicycle, motorcycle, or truck accident, our award-winning law firm of personal injury lawyers is here to help! At Arrowhead Accident Lawyers, we fight tirelessly to recover the maximum compensation available. Schedule a free consultation today.